– Earth Day 2008 is over. Many new baby trees were planted and many older ones were cut down.
– Maria Sharapova celebrated her 21st birthday on April 19th. Happy Belated Birthday.
– Hilary Clinton won the Pennsylvania primary over Barack Obama, while John McCain is still winning over the hearts of Republicans.
– Grey’s Anatomy, along with many other shows are back after the forced hiatus due to the Writer’s Guild Strike.
– GTA IV is coming out in a few days, April 29th to be exact. Some people already have a copy.
That’s all for now, lesson of the post: News is biased.
To be explained. Stay tuned!
I learned a valuable lesson as of late, and that is bitching. If you believe in something, and want it done a certain way according to your standards, don’t be afraid to do something about it.
Whether it be asking for a better mark on an essay you thought you should have gotten better for, an increase in pay, revising an over-priced cell phone bill or anything else… just go for it!
Of course, bitching isn’t exactly the easiest thing to do. It does take a bit of courage and bravery especially if you need to confront someone that is in higher authority than you. You will never know really until you knock. Stand tall, think about what you want to say in a logical way and stand up for the point you trying to bring across. The bitching may or may not work but you have to accept both conclusions, negative and positive. You can also tell yourself that you tried at least, as opposed to do nothing about the matter. This will allow you to feel better about yourself if the outcome does happen to be a negative one.
I found an interesting quote that could be some inspiration towards those who are reading this blog post.
“I’m tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” – Madonna